July 16, 2009

Babies, Babies every where!!

So this has been a very busy week when it comes to babies. Two of my friends had a baby boy on Sunday and Monday this week. Then last night we get a call from my brother-in-law saying they were going to have their baby tomorrow. Wow.

These cards I have made for welcoming the babies home. They are made by using Cuttlebug embossing folders run through the Big Shot. Yes you can use them through the Big Shot.

I didn't use any Stampin' Up! supplies on these, the reason being I am waiting on a shipment of card stock so I didn't have any here to do these up. I must admit I really have noticed a difference in Card stock. The card stock I used I got at Michael's and it just does not measure up to the card stock that Stampin' Up! has. The Michael's card stock is much more flimsy and does not hold up to much at all. Also Stamping on this card stock does not leave a true impression. I have always had trouble with stamping on this card stock and didn't know that you could actually get an image to come out clearly and evenly until I got into Stampin' Up!

This is a very simple card that takes no time at all to make. I purchased the ribbon from Walmart. I love this ribbon it really adds something to the cards. Hopefully they will be well received.
I will be back soon with a special announcement so stay tuned.



No comments:

Post a Comment